News on the Nines – August 29th Edition
News on the Nines – August 9th Edition
News on the Nines – July 29th Edition
News on the Nines – July 19th Edition
It’s time to start planning for 2019, and a significant part of that is choosing volunteer leadership.
It’s time to start planning for 2019, and a significant part of that is choosing volunteer leadership. Our Association needs strong, committed volunteers to help define the mission and vision of the SWMOBOR, and to assist staff in guiding us through to achieve our goals.
Directors conduct the affairs of the Association, establish all policies, and approve the annual budget. Board of Directors meetings are held each month. To be considered for one of the director positions, please CLICK TO DOWNLOAD and complete the application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is August 15, 2018.
News on the Nines – July 9th Edition
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) will expire on July 31, denying necessary insurance coverage to homeowners and buyers in more than 20,000 communities nationwide. Congress must act now to reform and extend the NFIP.
- Reauthorizing and gradually strengthening the NFIP so it is sustainable over the long run;
- Encouraging the development of private market options to offer comparable flood insurance coverage at lower cost than NFIP;
- Providing federal assistance to high-risk property owners, including guaranteed loans, grants and buyouts in order to build to higher standards and keep insurance rates affordable;
- Provide fair flood insurance rates that better reflect the property’s flood risk;
- Improving flood map accuracy, so fewer property owners have to file expensive appeals.
Thank you for your support on this important issue!
News on the Nines – June 19th Edition
News on the Nines – June 9th Edition
News on the Nines – February 29th Edition